Welcome to the School Health Center
Nutrition and Wellness Team Goals
- To educate and encourage students to make health eating choices by creating a wellness-oriented school culture.
- To increase nutrition education in our school district for our students, staff and families.
- To develop school schedules and policies which enhance wellness practices and programs.
- To increase awareness of personal fitness as an important component of healthy lifestyles.
We hope you find this site useful for you with regards to your child's health and well-being.
Feel free to contact any of the building nurses with any questions or concerns you may have (click name to email)
- Monroe Schools District Nurse & Parkside School:
- Samantha Kubly, RN
- Address: School District of Monroe / 926- 16th Ave. Suite 3 / Monroe, WI 53566
- Abe Lincoln Health Assistant:
- Northside Health Assistant:
Kids Health is the #1 most visited website for children’s health and development. This link has information for parents, kids, teens and is also available in the Spanish language. Topics include general health, infections, emotions and behavior, growth and development, nutrition and fitness, positive parenting, first aid, medications, travel, homework, and even activities for long car rides, etc. We think that you will find a lot of good information to share with your family. Click on the Kids Health Logo to go to the website.
For the latest information on nutrition and fitness for your whole family, click on the My Plate Logo:
Monroe School District is incorporating the myplate.gov into our nutrition education and so you will see information coming home in school folders soon or at school open houses as we spread the word about healthy eating, portion size and personal fitness! Please see our myplate.gov magnets soon to be handed out in the schools. Several programs that include nutrition and wellness for students have been supported by a grant funded by Monroe Clinic & Hospital Foundation. We want to thank Monroe Clinic & Hospital Foundation for their generous support and collaboration in our fight against Childhood Obesity!